Total Pageviews

Thursday 4 October 2012

INTRODUCTION TO BLOG


      With slight dribs and drabs of experimentation in various 3D Modelling packages such as Blender, 3ds Max, Curious Poser and Google SketchUp, I have developed an interest in how an idea can become a 3D realisation – a sculpture of a vision that can be worked into a medium experienced by many others. As such a path is a passive passion of mine, 3D Modelling is of great curiosity to me. I have learnt and utilised the basic tools of such an art previously, but never successfully mastered any. This course gives me the opportunity to do so, and develop such skills to the level my own potential and motivation allows me to.

   Throughout this module blog you will see regular posts on model development, portfolio development and independent referencing and research. You may also see a couple of miscellaneous posts that I believe relate to this module as reference for myself. You will see this through mostly images accompanied by texts, but possibly other mediums also.

   I can hold my hands up and admit 3D Modelling is an area I am comfortable exploring, but currently inexperienced in. Thus at the end of this module, designing, modelling and refining a 3D Model of my own should be as natural and enjoyable and sitting down and discussing a game idea. I should be able to take an idea I’ve had for minutes or years and bring it to life with the help of modelling, texturing, lighting and rendering. My personal goal is to look back on my initial attempts at 3D modelling, laugh at them and rework them to a standard I know I can and should achieve.

Therefore the following post within this module shall be work created previous to this course.

NEXT POST: BLENDER ZOMBIE SKELETAL HEAD

No comments:

Post a Comment