Total Pageviews

Friday 5 April 2013

WEAPON MODELLING: SPECULAR MAP (COMPLETE)

       Didn't take me as long as I thought it would, but I finished my Specular Map and I think it's looking pretty good. I could of just put one single texture over all of the UV Islands, and I did initially (in a rush), but it just looked crap. The texture was larger in some areas, but smaller in others, and it just made it look cheap - plus, it's lazy. 

So I decided to take it home and battle against my terrible computer to refine it, adding in highlights where I thought necessary etc but the one thing I'm really pleased with, is the etched writing and logo in the weapon, I think that takes the ordinary shotgun and makes it a little more interesting. Have a look!


WEAPON MODELLING - SHOTGUN MODEL (IN PROGRESS)
by Christian Whelan
WEAPON MODELLING - SPECULAR DETAILS
by Christian Whelan
WEAPON MODELLING _ SPECULAR MAP
by Christian Whelan

     I used a different texture for the pump, and a different texture of the stock, because like I said, one texture just didn't make sense, this is a weapon of multiple parts after all.

        So, now all that left to do is actually paint it. To be honest, I don't think that is going to take very long, because as it stands, the test Diffuse Map I have on the weapon at the moment is pretty close to what I want, so all I'm going to do, is transfer the scratches of the Specular over to the Diffuse, lower the opacity, and then finally  add some texturing to the red paint (scratches etc). Once that's done, the weapon is done, even if there won't be much difference between the Specular and Diffuse - I'm not going to paint it green for the sake of it.


NEXT POST: WEAPON MODELLING: ASSAULT RIFLE DEVELOPMENT AND BAKED

No comments:

Post a Comment