Total Pageviews

Thursday 4 April 2013

WEAPON MODELLING: SHOTGUN BAKED (NORMAL AND COMPLETE MAP)

      I overcame way to many issues to talk about here, to get this weapon baked. I spent at least 3 hours figuring out why the hell the shotgun wouldnt bake the normal texture. As it turns out, Nitrous was enabled... again! Sick of that thing. Anyway, the weapon is finally baked and ready to be painted and textured.
 
I used the Xoliul Shader to get this done for three reason - it's intuitive, it more effective and finally, I need a 'free' engine to shade the weapon for when I present the final model. Xoliul lets me do that (forget paying for Marmoset! I havent enough money as it is!).
 
WEAPON MODELLING - SHOTGUN BAKED
by Christian Whelan
WAEPOON MODELLING - NORMAL MAP
by Christian Whelan
WEAPON MODELLING - COMPLETE MAP
by Christian Whelan
    
      As I type, I'm attempting to develop a specular map - maybe I have to paint it first? I don't know, but if that's the case, I'll have to wait to get home where I stupidly left my digital pad. So far though, even though there are a couple of unfixable missing rays, the shotgun it turning out "Really smart" as my tutor puts it! So far so good!
 
NEXT POST: WEAPON MODELLING: ASSAULT RIFLE BAKED (NORMAL MAP)

No comments:

Post a Comment