Total Pageviews

Friday 5 April 2013

WEAPON MODELLING: SPECULAR AND DIFFUSE MAP (IN PROGRESS)

        Ok, for some annoying reason, the blog posts I'd done today (3 of them) haven't posted or saved, so I have to start again... brilliant.

    After an attempt at baking the Normal, Complete, Specular and Diffuse map. I started again and refined the Normal and Complete Map bake. From there, I've now began to add the details into the Specular Map. I really want this to look good, so attention to detail is my goal for the rest of the day. Once that's done, the Texture will be more effective - it's a knock on effect.

    Anyway, I've done the majority of the weapon, adding in the highlights using white brushes, Photoshop Effects and Ndo as I go along to refine the lighting information in-engine (Xoliul Shader 2). Have a look!


WEAPON MODELLING - SPECULAR MAP IN PROGRESS
by Christian Whelan
WEAPON MODELLING - SPECULAR MAP IN PROGRESS
by Christian Whelan
WEAPON MODELLING - SPECULAR MAP IN PROGRESS
by Christian Whelan

NOTE: The last two screenshots are less developed than the first
 screenshot - I added in bolder scratches along the edges of the weapon.

WEAPON MODELLING - SPECULAR MAP - IN PROGRESS
by Christian Whelan

 As it stands, I'm more than pleased with the results, the problem is now, I have to complete the rest of the weapon on my home computer.... the one that struggles to run solitaire. So it's going to be a battle between man and machine for the weekend.

In addition, as I apply the maps one by one, it looks like the Specular Map is dulling the Normal map ever so slightly. It's fine, but when the lighting isn't hitting the Specular Map properly, it looks bland. Maybe I'll overlay the Normal Map onto the Specular to regain that information, then desaturate and invert it, that might do the trick!

NEXT POST: WEAPON MODELLING: SPECULAR MAP BAKED


No comments:

Post a Comment