Total Pageviews

Thursday 4 April 2013

WEAPON MODELLING: ASSAULT RIFLE BAKED (NORMAL MAP)

     I've not touched this weapon in a few weeks now, and now I've gone back to it, I'm absolutley gutted that I couldn't finish it. Not that I don't like my shotgun, it's just that I think this looks better overall, even with the inconsitencies and dodgy baking - it's just a better weapon. I spent hours on this best and it's cool as hell!

Anyway, before I was told to start again (which was fair), I baked the high poly Normal Map onto the low poly and came out with a pretty snazzy looking weapon.

WEAPON MODELLING - REFERENCE CONCEPT
by Christian WHelan
WEAPO MODELLING - ASSAULT RIFLE BAKED
by Christian Whelan
WEAPON MODELLING - ASSAULT RIFLE BAKE TURN AROUND
by Christian Whelan
WEAPON MODELLING - ASSAULT RIFLE NORMAL MAP
by Christian Whelan
 
     There are serious issues with this weapon on all sides to be honest. The gun's barrels are way to thin, mainly because my use of symmetry was terrible, and the trigger, the grip and stock havn't smoothed properly, leaving a choppy looking weapon. Regardless though, I still think it's a good attempt considering it's was my first attempt at modelling anything remotely complex (the Old West Cart was terrible looking back at it).

NEXT POST: WEAPON MODELLING: SPECULAR TEST (ISSUES)

No comments:

Post a Comment