Total Pageviews

Thursday 4 April 2013

WEAPON MODELLING: MAPPED MODEL / UV MAP

     My computer seems to be dying a slow death, but as it hangs onto it's life, I managed to get the low polygon shotgun model mapped, and exported the UV. I 'thought' I ran into a massive issue, but thankfully, it was just my stupidity - I still had the subdivision tools selected and the Nitrous driver was causing some graphical problems...

Anyhow, with a little help from the lifesaver that is Textools, I've produced a pretty good UV Map - it's organised, as efficient as it can be, and hopefully, once its baked, it will be as effective as I hope it will be. Although, I think that in some areas, the difference in topology between the Low Poly and High Poly models will become detrimental to the quality of the overall bake. I hope not, otherwise I'd have to UV Map the entire thing again...

WEAPON MODELLING - SHOTGUN UV MAPPED
by Christian Whelan
WEAPON MODELLING - UV MAP
by Christian Whelan
 
This UV Map will come in handy when it comes to painting the shotgun's texture.

NEXT POST: WEAPON MODELLING - SHOTGUN BAKED (NORMAL AND COMPLETE MAP)

No comments:

Post a Comment