Total Pageviews

Friday 5 April 2013

WEAPON MODELLING: SPECULAR TEST (ISSUES)


     Somehow, I've made some progress with the Specular Map. The hardest part is getting my head around which map goes where. I've just this second, had a brainwave when looking at google for some desperate inspiration. Before this brainwave, I had a midly succesfull attempt at using the Specular, Diffuse and Normal Map together. This is below;
 
Note: This attempt does not include the Complete Map.
 
WEAPON MODELLING: SPECULAR TEST
by Christian Whelan
 
To get my head around the different maps and their use in 3Ds Max, I used this google image showing each of the different maps - it's really helpful. Thank god I found it!
 
DIFFERENT MAPS EXAMPLE
LINK 
 
So now all I need to do, is get each map into Photoshop and saved seperatley, then paint the texture and add the Complete Map to the Diffuse. Hopefully, by the end of today, I should have everything done besides the Diffuse Map (I'll paint that another day).
 
NEXT POST: WEAPON MODELLING: COMPLETE MAP AND NORMAL MAP (BAKED)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment