Total Pageviews

Sunday 9 December 2012

ASSIGNMENT 1 IDEAS

          After learning all the basics and slightly exploring some advanced techniques when using 3Ds Max, I had utilized them - developing various scenes and objects. Now that those techniques had been perfected, we then learned how to edit using polygons, modifiers and finally, learning how to texture a UV map. From this I could develop any object I wanted, as detailed as I wanted it and be able to perfect the realism through textures, lighting and rendering. 

    The task has been set to choose an object out of a list of 6 options, research it and develop it using everything we had learned so far - it is Assignment 1 of the year in 3D Modelling. My hope is to develop a linear, but comprehensive portfolio - a journey towards the final 3D product. 

    Out of all the objects available such as a grandfather clock, a sword and shield, a chest and a throne, I have decided to research and develop an Old West Cart. Why? I like themes, it's complicated and although one of the hardest, it will eventually showcase my abilities - more so than any other object. Finally, through the hard work, it will eventually look the best.

My plan is to complete the following;

  • A Mood Board
  • Design Research Sheets (2)
  • Initial Concepts
  • Final Concept Sheet
  • Development Sheet
  • Ambient-Occlusion Turn-Around
  • Textured Model Turn-Around
  • Final Render   

The aim is to do the majority of this using Photoshop within the 3 week deadline. Hopefully this is possible. 

NEXT POST: OLD WEST CART - MOOD BOARD

No comments:

Post a Comment