Total Pageviews

Sunday 9 December 2012

OLD WEST CART: MAIN CONCEPT

          Overall, I am really pleased with the final concept. I believe it implements all the quandom research and I know that without that research, this design wouldn't of been half as successful. Although not a visual masterpiece, it reflects exactly what I want to model - an Old West Cart with some character.


    However, again, although it is successful as a concept, I'm starting to think I've set to bar too high. I know I can model to the standard expected at this point in the course, my work with polygons and texturing isn't as developed as I would like it to be. I guess I'll have to play about with the software before actually developing the model. In addition, when designing the cart, I neglected the tri count limit. 1500 tris seems a little limited for the design above.
     
    My intention is to model the cart that has a perfect resemblance to this concept. I will either hit that personal target successfully, or realise I shot myself in the foot when both choosing the object to model and designing it. I predict it's going to be trial and error.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A COMMENT! I'D APPRECIATE IT!

NEXT POST:  OLD WEST CART - MODEL DEVELOPMENT 

No comments:

Post a Comment