Total Pageviews

Tuesday 18 December 2012

OLD WEST CART - TEXTURED MODEL TURN-AROUND

          After huge ongoing setbacks at university due to personal issues, I have spent the last month making progress at a snails pace. However, finally, with some welcome and needed alone time, I managed to texture the model (with great difficulty). This final textured turn-around is below.




    Starting with separating the model into its separate sections, I individually added a modifier that allowed me to unwrap the object into a UV template. From this, I would set the projections for each face until the UV Map was complete. Once this had been done for each face, I had to to tidy the UV Maps by rescaling and stitching the appropriate faces together. This would prove more efficient and more effective visually when it came to texturing.

    Once every object had been mapped, I attached every object which in turn, combined every UV map together as one gain comprehensive UV Map. Moving and rescaling the UV Map, I began to fit every object's map into one versatile and rich UV map. Now that this had been done for the crucial part of the cart, the carriage, I carried out the same process for the canopy and the barrels.

So there you have it, my final model textured. In all, I am absolutley elated with the final result,  however, there is blatant room for improvement - the textures are repetitive, a little too polished for an "Old" west Cart" and there are some issues with texture stretching. However, regardless of those issues resultant from my lack of experience in UV Mapping and Modelling in general, the Cart turned out better than I could ever of hoped for considering at the beginning of this assignment, I had assumed that I had shot myself in the foot with the complexity of my initial concept.


PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A COMMENT! I'D APPRECIATE IT!

NEXT POST: OLD WEST CART - FINAL RENDER

No comments:

Post a Comment