Total Pageviews

Saturday 16 March 2013

WEAPON MODEL - ISSUES WITH 3DS MAX 2013

Unfortunately, I've ran into a speed bump with my model development. 

      At home, I use the 2012 version of 3Ds Max. At university, I use the 2013 version. The reason for this is because for some strange reason (especially now) 2013 will not install on my computer. It says it is already installed, even though it isn't anywhere to be found on my computer. The issue here, is that the model was last developed in university on the 2013 version of 3Ds Max, therefore  it is not compatible with the 2012 version.


     The only way I can use the model in the 2012 version of 3Ds Max is to convert the model into an OBJ file using the 2013 version. Obviously I don't and cannot have that. 


Development wont be possible until either Friday the 15th or Saturday the 14th. I'd have to get UV mapped in that day to hit the milestone hand-in on time.


NEXT POST: WEAPON MODELLING: LOW POLY MODEL


No comments:

Post a Comment