Total Pageviews

Sunday 17 March 2013

WEAPON MODELLING: WEAPON UV MAPPED

     Managed to get the issues fixed. Turned out it wasn't an issue, it was just me being an idiot. I hadn't ironed out the faces, hence the weird UV Mapping issues and absent checker textures. Anyway, I got it done, and hopefully there are no issues (no doubt there will be many). Now all I need to do is is bake the normal map onto the low poly. 

I had some issues with distortion and I ran into some issues with my topology, but I eventually got it done. Have a look below. I think it's looking okay.



WEAPON MODELLING - LOW POLY UV MAPPED
By Christian Whelan
WEAPON MODELLING - COMPARISON
by Christian Whelan

   To be honest, my weapon is so rigid that I don't really think the UV map will do that much visually. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see - I'm going to get the baking done now. Good job I wrote a blog on how to do it!

NEXT POST: WEAPON MODELLING - NORMAL MAP AND COMPLETE MAP

No comments:

Post a Comment