Total Pageviews

Saturday 16 March 2013

WEAPON MODELLING: MODEL PROGRESS 09/03/2013

         I took my seemingly finished high poly model to university for my tutor and it turned out that although it was a nice design, it's topology was a mess (as I suspected). A golden rule is to never have five sided polygons on your objects - it's a nightmare when it comes to smoothing, mapping and rendering. Stupidly, because I am forgetful, I thought five sided polygons where defined by there actual distinctive sides.... I was wrong. It turns out polygons are determined by their vertices. When this fact was realised, it turned out my weapon was made out of five sides polygons (oops...). To be honest, I thought it was hilarious haha Then I realised I had to spend the next three hours fixing the damn thing! 

Anyway I got it done and the slightly noticeable result is below.

WEAPON MODEL - HIGH POLY COMPLETE
by Christian Whelan

Now the model is done, it's time for the next stage - mapping, texturing and baking. My favourite part...

NEXT POST: WEAPON MODEL - ISSUES WITH 3DS MAX 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment