Total Pageviews

Saturday 2 March 2013

WEAPON MODELLING: MODEL PROGRESS 27/02/2013

        So I finally got the basic low poly model completed. There are a few details here and there that I still need to polish out, but so far, I'm fairly happy with the results. The parts that need polishing? The grip is bothering me a bit, (I cant put my finger on it) and the barrel area of the gun isn't connected and has confusing topology.

     Of course, I've only modelled half of the weapon - the aim is to UV Map one side and mirror it . The issue is, on the multiple occasions I've done this, the edges just don't match up no matter what I try. Because of this, light bleeds through the gap or clipping occurs, leaving in it's place an ugly render. This will only look worse when I UV Map it, so I need to sort this out pronto.

WEAPON MODELLING: ORIGINAL CONCEPT
by Christian WHelan
WEAPON MODELLING: LOW POLY TURN AROUND - IN PROGRESS
by Christian Whelan

So, all I need to do now is polish it up, add in any more detail I think it could use and then finally, add in the supporting geometry so I can Turbo-smooth like a madman, leaving a sexy weapon in it's place!

NEXT POST: WEAPON MODELLING: MODEL PROGRESS 01/03/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment