Total Pageviews

Saturday 16 February 2013

WEAPON MODELLING: ASSAULT / HEAVY MACHINE GUN RESEARCH

        Although I had a few favourite handgun weapon designs from the basic silhouette sheet, the assault rifles appealed to me more. Not only where the designs better, but there's more creative freedom with the complex shapes and varieties of the common assault rifle. However, I noticed that a lot of my assault rifle designs where 'heavy looking'. Considering this, researching the heavy machine gun could also be beneficial to my final designs. Therefore, in an attempt to understand the Assault Rifle and Heavy Machine Gun further, I have developed a research sheet to act as a learning and referencing tool.


WEAPON MODELLING - RESEARCH SHEET
by Christian Whelan
     
       Not only has this sheet given me further ideas about the weapon I shall design, but it's let me understand how weapons actually work and why they are designed the way they are. This is important, as a weapon shouldn't just look cool for the sake of looking cool, it should also be practical, ergonomic and at least look in some sense functional.

Now that I have researched, analysed and brainstormed weapons. It's time for the designing and planning to begin. Hopefully, within the week, I should have started development on my as of yet, none existent weapon design.

NEXT POST: WEAPON MODELLING: WEAPON CONCEPTS

No comments:

Post a Comment