Total Pageviews

Friday 15 February 2013

WEAPON MODELLING: WEAPON MOODBOARD

      The last large 3D Modelling assignment of the year is here - it is huge! I've had experience in 3D modelling, I've had experience in texturing and finally, I've had 'some' experience in mapping. The final assignment tasks us with applying all of this knowledge to a first person shooter gun that we have have to research, concept, model, texture, map and render. It's the full development process of any in-game object. So, I've made a plan of how to get this done in an organised fashion. Hopefully, this also means a credible and successful fashion.

1. Moodboards – Weapons
2. Visual Styles Research
3. Silhouettes Sheets
4. Moodboard – Chosen Weapon
5. Research Sheet(s)
6. Design Sheet
7. Turn-Around
8. Development Sheet
9. Low Poly Sheet
10. High Poly Sheet
11. Real Time Render of Textured Model
12. Texture Set Sheet
13. Final Real Time Render

    Again, I'm being ambitious, and it will stress me out beyond belief. But I'll get it done, hopefully. I've already got the first sheet done in an attempt to understand firearms a bit better visually. Now I have this reference sheet, It's time to look at different visuals styles and begin to brainstorm weapon ideas with this research in mind.

GUN MODELLING - WEAPON MOODBOARD
by Christian Whelan

    I'm still slightly torn on what weapon type to go for. Do I go for a weapon I want that is less interesting as an object? Or do I go for something I don't that has more complex geometry. Once I decide on the weapon, I'll complete the second sheet - a moodboard / reference sheet for that weapon type. Only then, can I really get started on this assignment.

NEXT POST: WEAPON MODELLING: VISUAL STYLES RESEARCH

No comments:

Post a Comment