Total Pageviews

Tuesday 26 February 2013

WEAPON MODELLING: ISSUES WITH DEVELOPMENT

        I've been cracking on with the weapon model as I said I would, but the rendering issue I had with the disappearing faces has began to latch itself onto every object I create. Initially, I thought I had fixed the problem by applying a material that projects both sides of the faces. Although this did solve the rendering problems, the objects still adopt a different colour. The main concern however, is that the Graphite Modelling Tools no longer work on these objects, regardless of whether the material has been applied.

    I have absolutely no idea why this is. I've looked online for solutions and attempted them all, but none seem to work. This wouldn't be so bad if the weapon I had designed hadn't been so complicated. Sections such as the stock, the shoulder grip and many more to be developed require these tools. You can see what I mean when I compare the design and the in-progress model.

WEAPON MODELLING: WEAPON CONCEPT
by Christian Whelan
WEAPON MODELLING - MODEL PROBLEMS
  
     It looks like in-engine lighting, but it's actually the sections that have a different colour. The grip, the trigger, the stock and the shoulder grip all share the same problem, and considering these are the defining parts of the weapon, I find myself at a stalemate. I'd carry on developing the other section if I didn't think it might pose some issues when it came to baking and rendering.

If anyone has had the same issue and could help I'd be grateful.

NEXT POST: WEAPON MODELLING: MODEL PROGRESS 26/02/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment