Total Pageviews

Friday 15 February 2013

WEAPON MODELLING: VISUAL STYLES RESEARCH

      Now I have an understanding of the different types of weapons, their individual features and a choice of weapons to choose from for my assignment, I needed to look at how other developers have designed unique but recognisable weapons using templates of modern weapons, but utilising specific styles. To do this I looked at the weapons of four different games;

Halo 4, Brink, Gears of War and Mass Effect.

All of these games have incredibly creative weapons and therefore each of them have lessons to offer when it comes to designing my own weapon. Take a look at the "Styles Research Sheet" below.

WEAPON MODELLING - VISUAL STYLES RESEARCH
by Christian Whelan

      This sheet has been incredibly useful. Just from looking at four games and studying their worlds weaponry, I have not only began to understand how to take a modern day weapon as reference and create something unique but recognisable, but I've also generated countless ideas that I will make sure to utilise in my weapon design(s). Now, I just need to get these ideas onto paper.

I'll do this through basic silhouette designs.

NEXT POST: WEAPON MODELLING: WEAPON SILHOUETTES

No comments:

Post a Comment