Total Pageviews

Sunday 17 February 2013

WEAPON MODELLING: WEAPON DESIGN TURN-AROUND

      All the research and planning has been completed  I gained an understanding of weapons, a deeper understanding of Assault Rifles and a developed knowledge of visual styles. From that. I brainstormed inspired and creative ideas for weaponry, of which I developed into initial concepts, until finally, refining 'one' into a final design of which will be taken forward to be developed in 3Ds Max Studio. 

The final turn-around design is below.

COMMENTS AND CRITICISMS APPRECIATED!

WEAPON MODELLING - FINAL WEAPON TURN-AROUND
by Christian Whelan

        Granted, it's going to be a serious challenge modelling this. I'll need a basic version of this sheet (block colours) for reference when developing the individual modules of this weapon. Besides this yet again ambitious idea, I love the design. It's everything I was aiming for and more. I think the shape is interesting yet believable, but what makes this weapon is it's texture. Leaning Specular Mapping techniques has prompted and will eventually facilitated this design (with the scratches and all) and hopefully, it will turn out as bold and effective as it has done here.
Fingers Crossed! I start modelling in a couple of days.

NEXT POST: WEAPON MODELLING: MODEL PROGRESS

No comments:

Post a Comment